They say you are judged by the company you keep. If you believe that to be true, you can understand why so many politicians are abandoning their party in one shot to the GOP. This country has always fought socialism and communism and I don't expect the majority will flock to them this year. In a state where radical leftists are a small minority, you cannot afford to be tied together with them.
The eight officials who joined the MSGOP are:
- Matt Sullivan, District Attorney for the Thirteenth Circuit Court District (Covington, Jasper, Simpson and Smith Counties), (Former Democrat)
- Guy Easterling, Chancery Clerk (Former Independent)
- Bobby Wayne Mooney, Justice Court Judge for the Northern District of Covington County (Former Independent)
- Cindy Austin, Chancery Clerk (Former Democrat)
- Anthony Grayson, Circuit Clerk (Former Democrat)
- Mary Lou Powell, Tax Assessor-Collector (Former Democrat)
- Danny Arender, Beat 4 Supervisor (Former Democrat)
- Hulon West, Justice Court Judge for the Southern District of Smith County (Former Democrat)
The MSGOP says that they fully expect more defections this year and that the Bernie Sanders movement will not be a factor in their state other than to drive people from the Democratic party.
JACKSON, Miss. (WLBT) - The Mississippi Republican Party is welcoming some new members and all of them were elected public offices as Democrats or Independents in this most recent election cycle.
The Mississippi Republican Party Chairman says he doesn’t expect this will be the last time they are welcoming new members to the GOP.
“We have had a relentless focus on switching conservative Democrats over to the Republican party," explained MSGOP Chairman Lucien Smith. "They recognize increasingly that there is only one party that represents the conservative values of our state and that is the Republican party.”
All eight of the latest party switchers were from Smith and Covington Counties and one District Attorney whose district covers those areas. But the conservation didn’t take long to expand to the national party ties.
“We are in a scenario in this country where you can choose to be a member of the party led by Donald J. Trump or you can choose to be a member of the socialist Democratic party led by Bernie Sanders,” noted Governor Tate Reeves.