Trump supporters are a “floor on which Republicans stand” or fall, powerful words by Pollster John McLaughlin of McLaughlin & Associates. This is his warning to all Republicans; that unless they begin keeping their campaign promises they’re at major risk of losing Trump Supporters.
Despite some of the disillusioned coming forward after the recent DACA dealings, numbers still show that most of President Trump’s supporters are actually still behind him. Most even understand that DACA is a playing card for the POTUS who we believe may be using it for the bigger picture stuff. What do you think?
As reported by The Daily Wire:
Getting more specific, the poll of 1,000 likely voters conducted online between Aug. 24 and Aug. 28, had a margin of error of plus or minus 3.1 percent. It found voters were less likely to support their congressman if they:
- Voted to increase the debt limit without new constraints on future spending (69 percent of Trump voters)
- Failed to stop Obama’s social experimentation with the military and transgenders (69 percent of Trump voters)
- Refused to repeal Obamacare (68 percent of Trump voters)
- Voted to bail out health insurance companies without repealing Obamacare (67 percent of Trump voters)
- Did not support Trump’s more careful vetting of immigrants (67 percent of Trump voters)
- Continue government spending without building the wall, and with Democrat priorities funded like Planned Parenthood (66 percent of Trump voters)
- Failed to pursue investigations against former President Barack Obama and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton (64 percent of Trump voters).
Republicans also need to stand up for peaceful free speech, McLaughlin says, based on the poll’s findings. They should condemn the violence of Antifa and the censoring of conservative and mainstream organizations by social media providers.
McLaughlin was a 2016 Trump pollster who, contrary to most pollsters, predicted Trump’s presidential victory. He also assisted in the victory of Bibi Netanyahu, and battled the Obama campaign operatives deployed to defeat the Israeli prime minister.