To restore order, a large number of police officers is required.
In downtown Chicago, hundreds of teenagers ran amok, smashing car windows and attacking pedestrians. When they heard gunfire, the tourists fled.
A lady who claimed to have been born and raised in Chicago asked Fox 32 on Saturday night as the turmoil unfolded in downtown Chicago, “Where are their mothers and fathers? ”
The streets were overrun with teenagers, and the police were doing their best to restore order. Fox 32 captured it on video.
Teens were observed strolling in front of vehicles in large groups while blasting music from Bluetooth speakers. Some were attempting to enter the city’s Millennium Park and the downtown Art Institute, both of which are restricted to those over the age of 21 after specified hours.
Some of the teenagers began repeatedly leaping on the cars, smashing the windows and bashing the occupants. A lady told Fox 32 that her husband was abused by a bunch of youths who jumped on the driver-side window of their car. The man was treated at a local hospital.
The sounds of gunfire prompted hundreds of police officers and SWAT teams to hurry to the city center.
Police were spotted ushering frightened sightseers back to their vehicles and hotels. The Chicago police had to block traffic on Michigan Avenue to restore order.
Two young men, ages 6 and 17, were shot by police in the vicinity of Chicago’s Loop area. Both victims were transferred to Northwestern Hospital, where WLS reported they were doing well.
According to Fox 32, the mayhem appeared to be another “Teen Takeover” of the city that had been arranged on social media. They said something like occurred in Chicago a year ago.
A Chicago resident told Fox 32, “I understand that kids want to have fun, but this is just bad parenting.” We need to step up our game as parents. Our kids have no business being here.
When Fox News sought comment from Chicago police, they did not receive one immediately.